With Stripe, you do not need to create a credit card merchant account with your bank. Stripe charges a fee per transaction which includes the credit card processing fee. See the Stripe Website for current rates - be sure to change the country once you're in.
To set the integration up, please follow these steps:
Step 1. Test mode:
- Log into Stripe with your company account (or sign up for a new one)
- Enable the "Viewing test data" switch (per #1 in the screenshot below)
- Open "Developers > API Keys" from the main menu (per #2 in the screenshot below)
- Copy the "Publishable key" and "Secret key" and paste these into Intellibook under “Settings > Integrations > Stripe”
- Click 'Save'
While you're in test mode, you can use Stripe's test card numbers such as `4242 4242 4242 4242` (with any future expiry date) to emulate a successful payment on a test booking.
Once you're ready to go live, move on to Step 2 below.
Step 2. Live mode:
(Assumes you've already followed Step 1).
- In the Stripe dashboard, disable the "View test data" switch.
- Open "Developers > API keys" and get the live Publishable key and Secret key and use apply these to Intellibook in place of the test API keys used in Step 1.
- You may now wish to perform a small test with a real credit card (and refund yourself from Stripe).
If you have any trouble getting this working be sure to let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.